Hot Bulgar Salad With Assorted Vegetables
Author: Gloria Ferguson
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 cup Bulgar
- 1¼ cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup corn
- ½ cup red pepper
- ½ cup green pepper
- ¾ cup red onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup tomato (diced)
- 1/ tbsp nutritional yeast
- ⅛ tsp cayenne (dash)
- ¼ tsp Vegeta
- 2-3 tbsp olive or grape seed oil
- Rinse Bulgar with water and drain.
- Boil 1 1/14 cup of water
- Add salt and Bulgar to the boiled water.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Saute onion in oil until partly cooked.
- Add red and green pepper, corn, peas, garlic, and tomatoe and cook for 5-7 minutes
- Add Bulgar, cayenne, Vegeta, and yeast.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro